Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Seaside Life

I decided it was time to get a blog. I may not use it very often, but I certainly would like to read and comment on other people's blogs. Besides, I miss writing like this with facebook. I know I could write a note, but it still just isn't the same.
Currently I am in North Carolina at the Outer Banks, sitting on the couch with my cousins... Elizabeth fell asleep on my lap :) It's been very nice to come here and relax after having a schedule every single day for the past three weeks! It's been good to spend some time with family and just be able to sit and talk. We have been busy swimming however... there is a pool in our backyard that Greta and Elizabeth love going in and the ocean has been great for boogie boarding, skim boarding, and playing in the waves and sand. I find that I am still pretty tired though... kind of funny when all we've been doing is sitting in the sun! I'm glad though, I sleep pretty good at night then :). This morning we woke up a little early to ride on some wave runners. Drew, Jill, and I went on one together and right when we got out there, Drew turned a little too quickly and we all fell off. I made sure that he knew I didn't want to before we went... so much for that! (Keith if you are reading this it's because of you! Remember at Jansma's cottage? I have been scarred for life.) We ended up falling off a second time and it was actually kind of fun. Hopefully now I've gotten over my fear of falling.

Well that's about all for now... bare with me as I figure this thing out!

4 comments:

  1. welcome to the blog world jacki! so glad you are here...but even more glad to be sharing out outer banks vacation with you!! where are we going next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yipee! i have another blog to check and comment on! thank you for letting my girls follow you around all week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jacki! what an adorable picture you put on here! i'm proud of you for figuring it all out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay jacki! welcome to the blogosphere!!! missed all of you on the obx trip!

    ReplyDelete