Monday, January 3, 2011

Interim

I have been inspired to start blogging again! A lot of my friends are taking trips to other parts of the world for interim, and so many of them have started their own blogs.

Unfortunately, I am not going anywhere during interim, so I will not have any amazing pictures to post on here.... I am however, taking DCM (Developing the Christian Mind) and my class will be focusing on Ready for Life students, who are the special needs students on Calvin's campus. We get to partner with one student and be a mentor and friend. I'm excited to see what will happen during this class, because I'm still not totally positive I want to go into Special Education, and I keep going back and forth about what I should be doing with my life. There are so many places, people, and things that I am passionate about, and sometimes I think my heart for everything is too big, which doesn't allow me to focus in on anything. I know that whatever I do, God will be with me and will use me, I just wish I could have a little more clarity sometimes :) But, that's part of life.

Hope everyone is doing well, and had a great Christmas! Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Jacki - you should look and see if Calvin still offers the Recreation for the Special Populations class. It was one of my favorites the entire time I was at Calvin. You get to help plan and host the Special Olympics event at Calvin as well as mentor and coach players! It was very fun! I think it was PE 215 when i was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelly, thanks! Do you know if it's a second semester class only and if it fills any requirements? If you don't know, no big deal, I can ask my advisor about it. :)

    Hope you are doing well! Thanks for the advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the new blog, jacki! i know exactly how you feel - choosing a major and yet still not being totally convinced that it is what you are "supposed" to do. i have always felt that i had too many interests/passions, too big a heart for too many different things. trust that God will continue to guide you and that every experience is part of a great journey and purpose. no matter what you do, you are glorifying God.

    ReplyDelete