Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Thanksgiving Story

Greetings from Jill and Jacki

It is currently midnight and Jacki And Jill are sitting in the kitchen patiently waiting for Grant, Katie, and Bowser to arrive. They smell like smoke (Jill chuckles.... and then chuckles some more) because they just came from some riveting games of bowling. Jill creamed both Drew and Jacki, scoring over 100 points two games in a row. 

They realize that they are going to be questioned thoroughly tomorrow during their Thanksgiving meal about what it is they are exactly thankful for. So, they are sitting together contemplating what they should say. Jill thinks aloud, "ummm, I have to think through this." Jacki encourages her to think really hard. "C'mon Jill, I believe in you, I know there is something." After thinking and trying really hard, she asks for another opinion. "Drew, what are you thankful for?".... "JESUS!" Shouts Drew from the computer room. Even after a second opinion, Jill is having trouble. She takes a break.

Five minutes later, Jill returns to the kitchen. She announces, "I think I am going to bed." "Ok Jill, you rest on in," replies Jacki. Encouraged, Jill agrees, "Yes, I am going to go rest!" 

And there the story ends. So to all a goodnight and a happy Thanksgiving. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jacki, it is Greta I miss you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you had a great THANKSGIVING! I want you to say hi to the group for us! I will talk to you again soon.
    BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, this little thanksgiving story has a teaser ending. will we NEVER find out what our dear jilly is thankful for????

    we missed michigan this thanksgiving!!!!

    ReplyDelete